Thursday, April 26, 2012

3 Weeks!

Alright!! It is down to 3 weeks from today! I can't believe it is getting so close! I am all done with my college classes (eek!) and now all I have to do is pass a big national certification test and then I can focus on packing and getting ready! Today I went to Target (one of my favorite stores) and picked up some accessories and travel toiletries.  They have all those cute little travel size bottles of stuff--love it! I am still looking for a good, but not expensive, backpack, but other than that, I think I have everything I need to take with me! I also picked up a sleep mask--someone recommended that  since there will be around 20 hours of daylight when I am there! I didn't even think about that...not being able to sleep because the sun won't go down! Haha!

Next week I will work on reservations for some of my activities--want to make sure I get to do everything I have planned.  I have also done some research on renting camera lenses and have found a really neat website called LensRentals.com.  They have every DSLR lens ever and you can rent them for a couple of days or a couple of weeks! I really want a zoom lens for my Canon so that I can get some good shots of far away wildlife and other landscapes, however....they are ~$1000....yeah.  So at this rental website, for 2 weeks its about $50! Sweet! They ship it to you and then you just ship it back when you're done! Sounds like a deal to me!

I am so excited!! Can't wait until graduation and then 4 days later--Alaska! Heck to the yes! And just for the heck of it, I will leave you all with a glorious picture of Anchorage!



"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore. Dream. Discover."  --Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment