Thursday, April 12, 2012

36 Days Left!

I am taking my first SOLO trip in 36 days!!! Yes. I said solo...as in alone...just me, no one else.  That means no parents, no siblings, no one to tell me what to do, no one to ask their opinion, no one to answer to, no one to ask directions if I get lost...but let's hope that doesn't happen! :)  Solo.

A year ago, I made a bucket list (that I am still adding things to) after I realized I didn't want what most Americans want.  I didn't want to just go to school to work for the next 40 years. I didn't want to get stuck in a rut of monotony. I wanted stories to tell, I wanted to take advantage of my youth, my singleness. I wanted to live. I wanted to experience everything this world has to offer and, to me, a significant portion of being able to "experience" things means traveling.  About 80% of my bucket list has stuff that requires me to get out my comfort zone, out of Indiana and see this earth.

I couldn't tell you the exact moment I decided my first trip would be to Alaska, or really why I so definitively made that my first choice, but in 36 days, I will be leaving the corn of Indiana and replacing it with the snow-capped mountains, turquoise blue glaciers, and stunning wildlife of Alaska. I really can't put into words how excited I am! It really hasn't sunk in yet that I will be doing this whole shebang by myself, or that I will be over 3,000 miles away from home, but I couldn't be more thrilled to get my first adventure started!!

2 comments:

  1. you and i need to take a trip together.... because like you... i want stories to tell - i don't want the monotony of just working the grind for the rest of my life!
    i love you and am so proud of you for taking your first trip solo! can't wait to hear stories!

    OH! and your blog looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh!!! Hannah!!! CCF!!! You are going! You are going to Alaska!!! Oh my gosh, I am excited for you! I can't wait to hear all your stories! Love you tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete