Thursday, April 19, 2012

Itinerary Planning, Part 2

It is now officially less than 30 days until I will be leavin' on a jet plane! I can't believe it! I have so much going on, that it still seems so far off! I still have my last week of classes, a final project, and a big national interpreting test that I have to pass before I can really focus on tying up any loose ends and making sure everything is in place.  Anyways, I left off with the first half of my itinerary last time, so...

Day 5:

This is my outdoor adventure day! I have found a really cool place to go horseback riding (which if you know me, this is one of my favorite things ever!) that goes through the mountains and over creeks, and all sorts of neat scenery! I also am planning on trying kayaking! I have never done this before, so it should be an interesting experience.  The place I want to use will spend time teaching you the basics and then you use a tandem kayak so hopefully I will survive! : )  And actually, I have had my first "hiccup" with the planning in regards to this company.  I emailed them to make a reservation and what was the response? They don't have anyone else signed up that day, and they need at least 2 people to send out an excursion...Haha! I guess that is one drawback to traveling solo! Making reservations sometimes needs 2 people! Hopefully someone else will sign up soon...I really want to learn how to kayak! 






Day 6:

Dog Sled Ride Day!!! Yes, I will be riding on a dog sled!!! ...ok a summer version of a dog sled, i.e., on wheels, put will still be pulled by a team of mushing dogs!!! One of the most famous Iditarod families runs a program where they tell you all about the race, how they raise the dogs, and what being on a dog sled feels like! Oh, and you get to play with Husky puppies! I will unfortunately have to head back to Anchorage later this day to get ready to head back home...this will be a sad day of my trip... I will be leaving Alaska late in the day and will get into Seattle late that evening, so I will be spending the night in Seattle to head out the next day to Indy. 

Day 7:

I will have a little bit of time in the morning to maybe grab some more good Seattle food before catching the long flight back to Indy.  It is going to be a depressing trip home, so be ready for sad updates, tweets, etc! Hopefully I will have learned a lot, have some sweet pictures, and tons of memories to share and treasure! Can't wait to share my adventure with all of you! 

27 days!! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about your adventure!!! Rock out, girl!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete