Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Coming Together!

First of all, I am jumping up and down with excitement as I write this (not really, I am actually on my couch, but still really excited!) because I just passed my National Interpreting Certification written test!! For most of you, you have no idea what that means, and that's ok...just trust me that it's a big deal and means I am only one step away from becoming a full-fledged nationally certified interpreter! : ) It has been stressing me out and now I can finally relax and get ready for my trip! ...which happens to be in only 16 days, not that I am counting or anything... : )

Today, I got a lot done in regards to more prep and planning.  I made about 5 reservations today for my activities that I will be doing (the ones I know for sure and that need reservations) I made reservations at Major Marine Tours for my whale-watching excursion, Bardy's trail rides for horseback riding, Savor Seattle for the food tour, and at Seavey's Ididaride for the dog sled tour!  Whew! Here are the links in case you are bored and want to check them out!

Major Marine Tours

Bardy's Trail Rides

Savor Seattle Food Tours

Seavey's Ididaride

I also went ahead and ordered my zoom lens!! Hopefully that will get here soon so I can play with it a bit before I go! Super excited about having a new lens to mess around with and hopefully I will be able to get some great pictures!!

Let's see...what else...I think I have made reservations for everything I can--except for the kayaking, I am giving it a few more days before I try and see if anyone else has signed up...  : )  So in making reservations, I had to pay at the time of booking so most of my trip is now paid for! Which makes it nice! I am still working out how it would be best to carry my money/budget, but I will just need money for food, souvenirs, gas, and a few other activities! Any suggestions on carrying cash or debit cards while gone?? I would love to do the envelopes for my trip, a la Dave Ramsey style, but am worried about it getting stolen.  Any ideas?

Things are definitely coming together!! I have just a handful of things left to do before the big day--I am starting to get nervous now...wondering if I can really pull this off, if everything will live up to my expectations...I am trying to remember to be flexible and keep in mind why I am doing this trip! I know that I will have so much fun, but it is still a little unnerving to be preparing to go over 3000 miles away! Any prayers for the next few weeks will be coveted and appreciated! I am also hoping that in the midst of all my running around and enjoying myself, I take time to pray, journal, reflect, and be thankful for my life and the huge blessing of travel!!!

I will leave you all with another glorious picture of Alaska!!

Seward at dawn (breathtaking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment