Monday, May 14, 2012

Final Preparations!!

Um....this is really going down. In 48 hours I will be on my way to the airport to head to ALASKA!! Heck to the yes.  And by the way...I am an official college graduate now! Graduated yesterday with a degree in ASL/English Interpreting--it was a great day.  I had my own personal cheering section and got to spend the day with my family and all my awesome friends.  I definitely felt special and loved! Graduation was my one thing left that I had to focus on before my trip...and now it is over.....you know what that means!

I am pretty much ready to go, I haven't started packing yet though, gonna start on that tomorrow.  I need to make a quick trip to the store to pick up a couple of final things like more SD cards for my camera, snacks for the plane, and a new set of headphones.  But I think I am good to go!! I can't believe this is actually happening...I have been planning this for almost 9 months and now it is finally here.  I love planning so much, hopefully the trip is as fun as the planning process!! :)

Honestly, I am kind of freaking out.  What am I thinking going to Alaska by myself?! Ha! Can I really do this? Can I make it alone? What kind of snafus will I run into? And then I remember why I am doing this. I remember my bucket list and the life I want to live--one of exploration, adventure, and taking life by the horns.  I can not believe how big this Earth really is and I am fortunate enough to taste, see, smell, feel, and hear a small corner of it.  I am so thankful that I am able to take this trip, and to share it with all of you!! I will be attempting to blog as much as possible so make sure to check back in this week!! I will also be posting copious amounts of pictures and videos to Facebook so make sure to check that out as well! If for some reason the great wilderness of Alaska does not allow for internet access, you all will just have to wait until I get back to see the 1000s of pictures I am sure I will take (I am convinced my camera will not stop flashing) So get ready!!! Once again, I will leave you with a preview of hopefully what I will see this week!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment