Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 1!

Well I survived my first day alone! And survived my first experience at a hostel! Let me start by saying I feel very traveler-esque sitting here eating breakfast at my hostel with 3 different languages being spoken around me, world maps posted on the walls and a very soho type feel throughout! Anyways, yesterday was definitely an experience! Started off the day with my flights. First one was good--second one I had the pleasure of sitting next to a screaming baby all the way to Seattle. :) But I did it. On the plane ride into Seattle I had a magnificent view of Mt. Rainier from my window. I let out an audible gasp when I saw it. Just glorious. Made my way through the Seattle airport and found my way to their monorail system--so cool!! It took me about 30 minutes to get into downtown. Once I got downtown, I made my way to my cozy hostel and then turned the corner and Pike Place Market was staring me in the face!! Just like all the pictures! Love it! Plus the waterfront is right behind that, so awesome! I was pretty jet laged from the time difference so I actually ended up taking a nap near the harbor...you know just another day :) Then it was time for the food tour of PPM--amazing!!! I will share more about that when I get back. But completely awesome. After that, I took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island where I was greeted with what else but rain...but what would a trip to Seattle be without rain! Such a cute town and I made a couple of stops there as well. After drying off, I headed back into Seattle with a great way to end the night--the beautiful lit skyline of downtown Seattle!! I don't have any way to post pictures right now, so unfortunately you'll have to wait but for a preview, check out my facebook!!
Today I am flying into Anchorage and headed to a new adventure! I will try to post again tonight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment