Saturday, January 25, 2014

Currently...

FEELING:  I'm 11 days into my sugar detox and feeling great! (Except for the past 3 days when an annoying cold decided to take up residence in my nose, throat, and chest) The detox is immensely easier the second time around, especially when you know what to expect and actually know what foods you like and recipes are winners! I am sleeping better, waking up easier (typically is a fight to get out of bed), no headaches, more energy, and no bloating!

READING:  "11/22/63" by Stephen King. Great book! Fictional story about if time-traveling was possible and what would happen if JFK could be saved.  Good stuff.

"Evolving in Monkey Town" by Rachel Held Evans. This woman is my new hero. Seriously. She puts on paper everything that is in my head.  I find myself agreeing out loud when I read this book because I swear she is inside my head! All about her faith journey and her struggle with doubts, she adds a unique perspective on the postmodern Christian church.  She also has an awesome blog.

"You Lost Me" by David Kinnaman. I haven't started this one yet, but it is sitting on my desk! This one looks at why so many young people 16-29 are leaving the church and rethinking their faith. He talks about how we can help equip them to maintain their faith and embrace it rather than throw it away.

THINKING:  about the future...theology...my purpose in life...why coconut flour is so expensive...

PLANNING:  this week's menu! Crockpot Chicken Chili, Spaghetti Squash, Salmon burgers, and banana muffins!

DREAMING:  starting my photography business, becoming a certified nutritionist, my next solo trip (hopefully to Ireland!), horse adventures this summer...

GOALS:  1 down on the "outside of my comfort zone" goal...I attended an equine seminar on common horse health issues (signs, symptoms, treatment) and had to be extroverted  :) And if you count trying mashed parsnips as out of the box, that would be number 2  :)  but I don't think that counts, albeit delicious.

EATING:  My new favorite snack is frozen banana "frostys" Sooo delcious and curbs my ice cream craving! Try it! 2 frozen bananas (cut into pieces), 1 TBSP cocoa powder, splash of coconut milk, 2 TBSP almond butter, dash of salt, dash of cinnamon. Throw it all in the blender and it comes out looking like this:
Yeah...so good.











TRYING:  to still eat more green things. (I hate green veggies...learning to like asparagus though.)

EXCITED:  Jimmy Fallon takes over the Tonight Show February 17th.  Can't wait.  I love that funny, cute, hilarious, awesome guy.

LAUGHING:  this video. 



"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't. "




1 comment:

  1. What a cool post! I loved it! Your banana frosties sound super good! And I love your adventurous, passionate, wanderlustful spirit! You are too much fun, and I love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete