Monday, January 6, 2014

All Snowed In

Well I told myself I would get a lot done today since I didn't have to go into work due to the 13 inches of snow and 3 foot drifts currently blanketing the metro area...yeah.  I got a few things done, but not nearly everything I wanted to. Gotta work on that motivation to clean my floors and scrub the litter box... I did, however, do some reading today! I stumbled upon a few good articles and wanted to share one I thought was perfect since I have been talking about goals, life, and "what's next" for me.  This article really struck a chord with me, especially when she says, "We reach our long awaited achievement and discover it doesn’t quite meet our expectations, so we set our eyes on the next step." Powerful stuff.  This is totally me.  I am constantly thinking in terms of the next step.  All of my dreaming and goal setting is great and is not a bad thing, but it also keeps me from celebrating today.  The moment I'm in now.  Being thankful and content.  (Talk about a goal, huh?) And as the author says, "Life does not begin when you get married, land your dream job or board a plane to travel the world. It is found in the beautiful, powerful love of Christ, which changes us in the midst of all circumstances, especially the ones we find most difficult. We need only be willing." Word.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm ... living for the NOW! I love it! I've thought a lot about this idea over that past year. And wow, this article is great! My favorite parts are ...

    " “This can’t be it,” says more about what we value than it does about the life we’re living. "
    and
    " No matter what you would change about your current circumstances, there are advantages, freedoms and joys that will be gone in life’s next scene. Don’t miss today because you are imagining that tomorrow will be “better.” "

    Good stuff, yo! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete