Sunday, January 12, 2014

21 Day Sugar Detox...Take 2

Today I started the 21 Day Sugar Detox .  This lifestyle change has done just that for me...changed my life.  I first stumbled upon this "non diet" when I was fed up with feeling crappy, feeling lethargic, and not at all happy with what I saw in the mirror.  I knew some things needed to change, and drastically.  I first did the detox (which is really just a fancy way of saying "absolutely none of", not like a juice detox or crazy fad diet like you might have in your head ) back in May of last year.  I will have to post later about my first experience with that, but just let me say that by day 4, I was crying and pretty much willing to sell my soul for some french fries or some chocolate.  However, I got through it successfully and completely busted my carb/sugar addiction and completely changed my eating habits.  Long story short, I have lost 50 lbs in just over 6 months by cutting out processed foods, gluten, refined sugars, and adding in tons of veggies, lean meats, fruits, and good for you fats/oils.  So when Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Netflix-week-off-of-work were over, I knew I had slipped jumped off the wagon and eaten way to much of my drug of choice.  It was time to get back on track.  What better month to do that then January!

I have actually been pretty excited this time around to get going and to get feeling better again.  It is amazing how your body reacts when it has been used to being fed whole, healthy foods and then you instead give it Christmas cookies, nachos, and Arby's mozzarella sticks (not afraid to admit one of my favorite fast foods...) Also, having seen the positive results firsthand and realizing I could get through it, I was rearing to go! I was supposed to start tomorrow with an awesome group of friends that are going to be doing it with me, but I started today! I did all my food shopping and prep yesterday so I was ready to go today! I will spare you the details of what I ate (check out my instagram if you are interested in what I will be eating the next 21 days) but it was a very flavorful and delicious day.  I am so thankful for what this program has jumpstarted in my life and how my outlook on food has completely changed.  I will have to share more on that later, but just in case I post a ransom note in exchange for PizzaRolls and Cookie Dough...you'll know why.


"If life was easy, where would all the adventures be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment